Citronella Essential Oil In Brief
Loved for it’s ability to ward off mosquitoes and other bugs, this amazing essential oil possesses many other healing abilities… It is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and deeply pacifying. Also, repellent to cats and dogs, it helps keep them away from areas where they are not welcome.
Citronella Essential Oil Main Uses
- Antioxidant – reduces cellular + free radical damage + boosts immunity
- Analgesic & Anti-inflammatory: soothes muscle pain + Arthritis
- Anti-helminthic, thus expels parasitic worms, leeches & other parasites from the body by either stunning or killing them without causing any damage to the host
- Respiratory infections
- Stress + sleep aid
- Insect repellent
- Fatigue + nervous exhaustion
Citronella Essential Oil For Skincare
- Potent antioxidant, (Geraniol), & phytochemicals which help decrease rashes + inflammation + infections + pain + fights free radical damage etc.
- Anti-inflammatory essential oils are anti-ageing
- Effective for infectious skin conditions + heat rash
- Reduces excessive perspiration
- Insect bite salve
Citronella Essential Oil Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Active Constituents: Geraniol (monoterpenol).+ Citronellal (aldehyde) + Citronellol (monoterpenol) + Limonene + (E)-Methyl isoeugenol + Champhene + Citronellyl acetate
Combines well with: lemon + cedar wood + clary sage + eucalyptus + geranium + lavender, + peppermint + rosemary + tea tree
Citronella Oil alternative: Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil
Contraindications: None known. Citronella Essential Oil is Non-toxic to humans & animals.
Citronella Oil Interesting Fact: Citronella is the most commonly used essential oil in Wild As The Wind products.
Read full Citronella Essential Oil Profile