Lemon & Cayenne Liver Support Drink
The Lemon & Cayenne Liver Support Drink is critically important because the warm lemon helps dilute our bile and prevents it from getting thick and difficult to use.
It’s slow moving bile that allows gallbladder and liver stones to be created. If our bile is compromised, then our digestion will be compromised.
So we won’t only suffer from a build up of toxins, but it’ll also inhibit our ability to absorb nutrients! Not good!
Bile is difficult for the body to produce so it tends to recycle it about twenty times before finally creating more. Within these cycles the bile can get exceptionally sluggish and laden with toxins and cholesterol. It’s the calcified deposits and cholesterol in the bile that cause Gall Bladder stones.
But, if you ever think you might have Gall Stones, the last thing you want to do is go running to your doctor. Their antidote to this uncomfortable condition is to whip out your Gall Bladder as fast as you can say… I’d rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
It’s now believed that the Gall Bladder is the moderator or regulator of the entire digestive system… so you need that little bean shaped Gall Bladder if you want to stay well!
How Does Warm Lemon & Cayenne Work?
The atomic structure of Lemon Juice is very similar to the digestive compounds found in the stomach.
Including this drink into your early morning protocol will prompt your liver to produce more bile, which in turn, will help food move through your stomach more efficiently. This is particularly important if you are a meat eater.
A very healthy digestive tract will reduce the amount of time that animal-derived proteins rest in the gut. These proteins have a tendency to sit and rot in a sluggish digestive tract, causing no end of digestive issues, and ultimately leading to serious, life threatening health conditions.
Lemon is packed with:
- Vitamin C, anti-oxidents and electrolytes including Magnesium (which we all tend to be deficient in), Potassium and Calcium.
- Vitamin C boosts immunity, kills bacterial infections, particularly things like gingivitis, and transforms toxins into more digestible forms.
- Antioxidants neutralise free radicals, thereby keeping us looking and feeling younger, and they also reduce the risk of degenerative disease.
- Electrolytes keep us properly hydrated, which is essential for our health, vitality as well as maintaining a youthful appearance.
- Stimulates the natural enzymes in the Liver by helping to oxygenate the body.
- 8% citric acid, which aids digestion, reduces heartburn, helps dissolve kidney stones and balances body pH by making it more alkaline.
*Acidity has been cited as a leading cause of degenerative illness.
As you’ll see in the short Don Tolman video below, Warm Lemon Juice stimulates the secretion of gastric juices, which are critical for adequate digestion of food.
The old adage, ‘we are what we eat’ is not quite right. It is more accurate to say, ‘we are what we digest’. And… even more accurately…
We are what we digested yesterday!
*It is vitally important to ensure you buy Cayenne Pepper that has not been irradiated as this kills all of the healing properties of this beautiful, vital spice.
- Regulates blood sugar
- Increases the temperature of the body, opening the capillaries and improving circulation, which supports digestion, reduces flatulence, improves detoxification, reduces blood pressure and may even prevent common heart problems that can lead to serious conditions.
- Improves lymphatic health.
- Cayenne works to strengthen the blood vessels, keeping blood moving efficiently and cholesterol levels low.
- Profoundly anti-inflammatory: dramatically reducing nerve and joint pain actively reducing mast cells in the body, which contribute to inflammation and pain in the body.
- Cayenne has been used for centuries in the treatment of snake bites, insect bite, suppurating sores and wounds.
- Capsaicin, an anti-oxidant in Cayenne, treats a vast array of conditions. A1998 study concluded that Capsaicin possesses 22 anti-cancer properties. Capsaicin actively blocks substance-P production, a compound that activates the pain mechanism in the brain, and it also breaks down lipid deposits that cause narrowing of the blood vessels, whilst at the same time dilating them, reducing the risk of cardio issues and blood clots.
*Anything that improves oxidative stress in the body will have a profound, systemically healing impact.
*Cancer cells cannot survive in an oxygenated system
Lemon and Cayenne Together
Vitamin C from Lemons coupled with the Capsaicin in Cayenne Pepper both share immune-boosting properties.
It is the combined forces of Lemon and Cayenne Pepper that helps to stimulate the Liver, providing it with the right balance of nutrients to detox from harmful substances, like, bad fats, sugar and alcohol. Unsurprisingly, they also help boost energy levels!
Lemon and Cayenne work together to combat sugar issues. Both possess appetite-suppressing properties, which are thought to reduce sugar cravings.
Our internal skin is not the only thing to enjoy improved condition. Our external skin also benefits at a deep level. Lemon and Cayenne are two ingredients used to treat Psoriasis and Eczema etc. (If you also precede this drink with a good Probiotic, your skin healing will go into super-drive.)
They’re also a formidable duo against bad bacteria and viruses. In fact, the anti-bacterial properties in Lemon and Cayenne are so strong they can be used as kitchen and bathroom cleaners.
To boost the anti-bacterial actions of this drink and provide even more support for your gut you could add 1/2 a teaspoon of non-irradiated Ginger Root Powder, or fresh Ginger, to your early morning drink. To boost the sugar-regulating properties you could add 1/4 of a teaspoon of Non-irradiated Cinnamon Powder, preferably from Sri Lanka. (A lot of lower quality ‘Cinnamon Powder’ is actually a powder made from a much cheaper bark from the Cassia Tree.)
*Always try to buy Organic produce from a local supplier. Mass produced foods bought from supermarkets have markedly less nutrients in them than Organic fruit and veg produced using traditional farming methods and bought from a local supplier.
Supermarket policy decisions result in the destruction of our arable land, force farmers to adopt modern farming methods, thereby often losing a lifetime of local farming insights, and put local businesses under so much competitive pressure that a lot of them go bust. They also suck 80% of the money out of a local economy, that then gets invested elsewhere.
In fact, it is estimated that 30% of the arable farming land globally has now been completely stripped of any nutrients whatsoever. The soil is simply providing physical support for the plants, and if it weren’t for the artificial fertilisers, the seeds wouldn’t even germinate, let alone grow into full sized plants.
Organic Fertilizers are materials derived from plant and animal parts or residues. Examples are, Blood Meal, Compost, Bat Guano, Manure, Seaweed, and Worm Castings.
Synthetic Fertilizers are “Man made” inorganic compounds – usually derived from by-products of the petroleum industry. Examples are Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Superphosphate, and Potassium Sulfate.
Except from: Synthetic vs. Organic Fertilizers
by Jerry Gach
*Synthetic fertilisers are entirely unsustainable as they are from a petrochemical source. To protect the health of our children and our grandchildren we need to support growers that are taking care of, and regenerating the soil.
*Vitamin C deficiency is widespread, which causes bacteria in the mouth to get out of control. And Capsaicin is thought to reduce toothache and pain.
Oral bacteria is thought to be the root cause of 80% of disease symptoms. It is also thought that a body cannot heal until oral issues are rectified. Subscribe to this blog for a much more detailed insights into oral health.
How To Make Lemon Cayenne Water
Simply squeeze half a lemon into a tall glass and add a pinch of Cayenne. I prefer to zest the lemon prior to squeezing as the zest of the lemon makes this drink a lot more palatable.
Lemon zest also makes this incredibly healthful drink even more potent. There’s a constituent in lemon zest that is unique to this fruit that is extremely useful in stage two of a liver cleanse.
The best way, I find, of getting the right amount of Cayenne into this early morning drink is to use the non-spoon end of the spoon!
Add cold water to your mix before adding some boiled water from the kettle.
Use de-chlorinated water only!
Did you know that chlorine is an endocrine disruptor as well as an immune system destroyer?
Drink your warm Lemon Cayenne drink in one go, and avoid eating anything for at least 20 minutes to allow it time to go to work.
Here’s a 1 & 1/2 minute video with Don Tolman that explains how healing lemons are for the Liver and the bile.