Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage Essential Oil is the queen of hormone balancing essential oils. It is highly beneficial for PMS, cramps, heavy periods, and hot flushes. It’s aphrodisiacal, euphoric, anti-depressant, and a powerful nerve tonic for all types of nervous debility and exhaustion.
Clary Sage Essential Oil is so abundantly antimicrobial that it will effectively treat bacterial strains that are already antibiotic-resistant, making it a very reliable Acne remedy.
Clary Sage has mild narcotic properties, which stimulates right brain activity, sparking creativity and igniting the imagination.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Main Uses
- Calming + soothing + anti-inflammatory
- Anti-bacterial + antiseptic + anti-Fungal
- Reducing maternal anxiety, fear and pain during labour
- Amenorrhea, (menstrual absence) + dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Mood enhancing + stress reducing
- Increases circulation
- Reduces stress + aids sleep
- Neurasthenia or hyperactivity in children
- Relationship problems + emotional turmoil, self-esteem issues & gynaecological disorders
- Peripheral nerve tonic
- Aids digestion + hypertension + reduces intestinal cramping + flatulence
- Muscular aches and pains
- Respiratory infections + Whooping cough + asthma attacks + colic
Clary Sage Essential Oil For Skincare
- Anti-bacterial + anti-microbial: great for Acne + boils
- Boosts eye, hair and skin health
- Hydrating for dry or mature skin + sebum regulating
- Skin inflammation
- Hair loss, dandruff,
Clary Sage Essential Oil Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Active Constituents: Linalyl acetate + Linalool + a-Terpineol + Germacrene D + B-Caryophyllene
Combines well with: frankincense + lavender + pine + geranium + sandalwood + jasmine + sweet orange + lemon + neroli + juniper + cedarwood
Contraindications: Clary Sage is an abortifacient which boosts uterine contraction and emmenagogue, which increases menstrual blood flow and thus should not be used during pregnancy. Can cause drowsiness
Clary Sage Oil Interesting Fact: Clary Sage is the most commonly used essential oil during child birth.
*For greater insights into the energetic properties of Clary Sage Essential Oil we recommend you read a more lengthy appraisal on the FACIAL OIL No. 7 page