Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil has been used for centuries for it’s hair thickening properties & it’s ability to heal the skin.
It provides considerable support to the endocrine, circulatory cardiovascular, digestive, & immune functions of the body, as well as offering emotional & reproductive support.
It is an important ingredient in Hormone His & Hers
The steam distillation process used to produce Ylang Ylang Essential Oil takes 14 hours. The initially extracted essential oil is of the highest quality compared to the rest of the batch. This portion is called either Ylang Ylang Complete or Ylang Ylang Extra.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil benefits include: Anti-ageing, antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-tumour, aphrodisiac, calmative, emmenagog, emollient, euphoriant, hypotensive, moisturiser, nervine, relaxant, sedative & tonic
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Main Uses
- Lowering heartbeat & the stress response
- Hypertension + palpitations / regulating heartbeat / healing cardiac problems
- Crardiovascular strengthening + regulating heart beat + improved blood flow + reglating blood pressure
- Restoring intestinal function
- Improving immune function and reducing inflammation
- Elevating mood + reducing stress + inducing relaxation
- Relieving anxiety + depression + over-thinking + perfectionism
- Increasing female & male libido + improving erectile function + relieving frigidity
- Increasing blood flow, (thus supporting erectile tissue)
- Reduces fatigue + irritations + inflammation
- Prevents peripheral nerve damage due to diabetes
- Reduces cytotoxicity + Oxidative Stress + DNA damage
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil For Skin & Hair
- Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Oily skin
- Anti-ageing + preserves youthful glow + smoothes irritated skin
- Helps prevent the development of skin cancer cells & Melanoma
- Natural hair thickener + reduces dandruff and tangles.
- **May even kill head lice… see recipe below.
- Warts + pimples + boils
- Dark spots
- Ameliorates insect bites + contact irritations + inflamed skin conditions
- Prevents replication of common viruses including Herpes Simplex Viruses 1 & 2
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Extraction Method: Steam distillation
INCI: Cananga odorata
Active Constituents in Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Linalol +Farnesol + Geraniol + Geranial + Benzyl Acetate + Geranyl Acetate + Eugenol + Methyl Chavicol + Pinene + Beta-Caryophyllene + Farnasene + Terpenoids
- May cause headaches.
- Tisserand and Young advocate a maximum dilution of 0.08% and that it should be avoided by those with hypersensitive / diseased / damaged skin.
Contraindications: Pregnant women should avoid using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the first trimester. To be avoided in infants under two years of age.
Use sparingly internally or topically, as Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can cause reactions & sensitivities if over-used. Seek medical advice before using Ylang Ylang if you have low blood pressure or a heart condition.
Ylang Ylang Oil Interesting Fact: This oil is aphrodisiacal plus it improves male performance, and supports clitoral orgasms in women.
Interesting Fact :: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is one of the key ingredients used in Chanel No. 5!
Twofer: It is traditional in Indonesia to use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil as well as the large, but delicate yellow flowers, to decorate the bed of newlyweds due to Ylang Ylang’s energising & aphrodisiacal qualities. But, truth be known, there’s an even more appropriate reason why this is a good idea. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil helps to support the function of erectile tissue!
Threefer: Ylang Ylang One or two drops added to warm water will reduce blood pressure and help get rid of intestinal parasites, whilst also helping to recondition the gut.
Fourfer: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can naturally remedy PMS cramps, tension & stress. Simply apply a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil with a couple of drops of Lavender Essential Oil in a base oil of your choice, to the Vagus Nerve points behind the ears, & back of neck or to your lower abdomen.
Fivefer: Add a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil to a couple of drops of Rosemary Essential Oil and mix with a good amount of Aloe Vera for washing your hair. Dampen hair, massage your Aroma-Aloe into your scalp and hair and leaving for 10 minutes, Wrap in a towel to improve absorption by keeping the head warm. Rinse off. ***If you are is greasy, dust your hair and scalp with Bicarbonate of Soda after dampening it down, and then massage in your Aroma-Aloe blend. The Aloe will become watery. Don’t worry about this. ***This may even kill head lice.