Lavender Essential Oil In Brief
Lavender Essential Oil is: analgesic, antibacterial, anti-depressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, calmative, detoxifying, and hypotensive.
Lavender Essential Oil benefits include: Contains calming, pain-relieving, relaxing & sedative properties. It also helps stimulate peristalsis & the production of bile & gastric juices, providing digestive relief. When applied topically to the neck, chest, or back, or when inhaled through steam inhalation it can speed recovery & provide symptomatic relief from respiratory infections. Improves circulation & hypertension.
Lavender Essential Oil Main Uses
- Anxiety + depression + insomnia + hormonal balancing
- Aids sleep
- Immune-boosting + infection-fighting + anti-fungal
- Anxiety + depression
- Digestive pain + indigestion + flatulence + colic + vomiting + diarrhoea
- Respiratory relief: colds + flu +throat infections + asthma + whooping cough, sinusitis + bronchitis + tonsillitis + laryngitis
- Diuretic, which helps prevent cystitis
- Hormonal balancing
Lavender Essential Oil For Skincare
- Acne + dermatitis + psoriasis + eczema
- Reduces topical itching, swelling and redness
- Cuts + burns + soothes insect bites
- Scars + discolouration + wound healing
- Helps kill lice + lice eggs + nits + improves hair health + growth rates
Lavender Essential Oil Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Active Constituents in Lavender Essential Oil: Linalyl acetate + Linalool + (Z)-B-Ocimene + Lavandulyl acetate + Terpinene-4-ol + B-Caryophyllene + (E)-B-Farnesene + (E)-B-Ocimene + 3-Octanyl acetate
Lavender substitute oils: Tea Tree, Clary Sage & Hyssop
Lavender Essential Oil Interesting Fact: Lavender is capable of fighting anti-fungal resistant skin & nail infections according to the University of Coimbra, which found it to be lethal to skin-pathogenic strains known as dermatophytes, as well as various Candida species. (Source: Mercola)
Lavender Essential Oil Interesting Fact No. 2: According to Jen O’Sullivan, 90% of all of the Lavender Essential Oil in the world is synthetic. This means that 90% of the Lavender Essential Oil in the world is adulterated, and should absolutely be avoided.